my dog died =(?

Written by on Friday, August 29, 2008 – 7:23 am -

i really miss my dog his name is Diasaster . . he was a weimaraner and i want him back . He died on Saturday . . i live on a main road and it is very busy and he ran for a bird and got hit ..Im killing myself over this and I cant stop crying.

thats him . . can you show me pictures of your dogs please and tell me how they died i need to feel like im not the only one because i feel like its my fault
heres another one . .

thats terrible . it is a big deal . you cant just buy another best friend

The first guy is a douche so ignore that. Im really sorry for your loss. The only advice I would give is dont hold any emotions in. let it out, cry all you want. It's not your fault. but take your time to heal.

Posted in weimaraner pictures | 32 Comments »

32 Responses to “my dog died =(?”

1. By yasri_2008 on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

buy another one
    its no big deal

2. By Laura on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

Oh no! Poor boy! ='( I am so very sorry for your loss.

I lost my childhood dog December 19, 2007. She had an autoimmune system disease. Her white blood cells were killing her red blood cells. Vets do not know how this one comes around, but they do know that nothing could have been done. We told them we would pay anything, and they said that a blood transfusion could keep her alive for one more day, but she would be suffering.

We had to put her down at age 10. I still miss her very, very much. You will be crying for a very long time, I'm so sorry. ='(

3. By *Frankie Stars* on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

4. By Baby Rotty on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

hi, i don't have a picture and my dog isn't dead. but my mom got rid of my dog because of my behavior, she took it to a humaine society but they kill dogs after about 7 days of not being adopted. its really sad, i had to forget about him with time. (rat terrier named Milo)
    Hope This Helps

5. By sands of gloom on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I'm so sorry! I too have a dog – I would be absolutely depressed if he died. I love him to death.

To the poster above me….you clearly know nothing about dogs. As the asker said, you cannot "buy" a replacement! You certainly can adopt right after the death of the first dog but you are wrong in saying it's "no big deal".

6. By Andrew L on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I am sorry to heard. Looking at the pictures; wat a nice dog.
    I kno im not answering your question but i just wanted to show some sympathy.

7. By sgtnt19 on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I'm very sorry that happened to you!!
    It's always hard to lose a friend, especially before their time…
    Just focus on the good times you had with him – all the good memories :)
    We recently lost our yellow lab, Tess, and that was heartbreaking for all of us. She was the first dog I remember from the first day we got her to the day she died.
    RIP little guy <3

8. By petdrksu2000 on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

The real answer you are looking for is someone to absolve you of the guilt of not confining your dog. I have had dogs hit by cars in the past, what I learned is that my dogs are NEVER off leash or their electric collar unless they are in a fenced yard. The "buy another one" answer doesn't address the fact that these dogs become very close friends to us and you can't just call up a breeder and special order a friend. It takes time to build that relationship. Take what you learned from this and don't make the same mistake again. I can't tell you that it will be OK and that it isn't your fault, but I can tell you that we all make mistakes and we have to learn from them.

9. By MarO* on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

oh he was so cute! well my heart goes out to you. i went through that 2 years ago. i had a chihuahua which i still love to death and he was only 1.5 years old. one day i found him very sick and i rushed to the vet but they couldnt save him. i couldnt even sleep that night. my heart was broken. i recommend that you dont get another one right away. i tried to do that and i had to give it away because i would compare them and not give enough love to the new one. it was only recently that i was able to have a new puppy. Hope you feel better…

10. By bjvettech on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

Plant a tree in your yard for Diasaster. Make it a nice tree that grows fruit or flowers. Put a plaque under it with a nice inscription.
    Allow yourself time to come to terms with your loss, and then, if you feel up to it, have a look at your local shelter and see if there are any new dogs that capture your heart. Dont think of this as replacing Diasaster, because you arent. You never can. Think of it as a new chapter, with a new friend.
    Studies have shown that it helps to come to terms with such a loss with a new pet, but there's no need to rush.
    Good luck.

11. By Livy! on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

aww im so sorry.. :[ i know how it feels to lose your best friend for a long time.
    I had a dog named Sydney and she was my bestt friend! since i was born! but last year she died because of old age she was 14 year in people years. I was devastated and i kept crying for a longg time until one day about year after she had died we got a new dog. he is the same kind of dog as Sydney and first day we got him i balled because he loked so much like her. and i just balled. I miss her so muchh!! :(((( But anyways this was Sydney :[

12. By Banana.Anna on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I'm so sorry for your loss and that fact that some people are jerks about it. I'm a total softy for animals, and I feel your pain. Your dog was beautiful…btw. It wasn't your fault that he got hit. Please don't beat yourself up over it. It was an accident and could've happened to anyone. I've never personally owned a dog, so I'll share a neighbor's story with you. My neighbor had a Rottweiler who escaped from their fenced back yard. They (like you) lived on a busy street. He ran into the street and was hit by a truck. He was able to run back to the house, laid down in the grass, and just died. He must've suffered internal injuries because he had no bleeding or marks. The poor baby. I'm so sorry, my friend. I do hope you feel better soon. Give it some time for your heart to heal.

13. By Shaman B on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

Poor baby, he had such sweet eyes. We had a Shi-tzu who got hit by a car, the highway was a 1/2 mile away, but she got out on the 4th of July and all the fireworks spooked her. She was always afraid of loud noises like guns and fireworks. I'll try and find a picture somewhere to add here.

14. By ♥pink♥princess♥ on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

omg i was like crying when i saw your dogs picture and read you stuff!! omg i would be crying soo hard if my dog died!! i love him so much and would cry for days if anything happened to him. I have a blue tick hound named Ficus(yes like the tree) and he is going to be 7 on Christmas eve! he is like my life and i feel soo bad for you to have to loose you dog!! when you think that you are over the loss of Diasaster then maybe you could thin of gettinf another dog to love. and one more thing..it is in no way your fault. thing happen for a reason and that is just one of then. i know its very sad but you cant blame our self for it.

15. By orangebuttercat74 on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

He was a beauty… LOVE the pict of him 'flying' over the hill!

My girl Lucy was 12 when I had to put her down a year ago Feb. I still miss her very much, and just stared at her photo only yesterday… She had skin and brain cancer, the brain cancer was inoperable. So, rather than watch her deteriorate and begin to poop her pants, I sent her to heaven while she was still wagging and dignified. It was rough.
    You'll always miss your boy, but take comfort in all the great memories you have.
    Dang bird dogs… there was probably no stopping him…

16. By cmspotts1219 on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I agree with one of the answerers about confining your dog. Unfortunately, you learned a very hard lesson. First and foremost, he was a sporting dog that was intact. First mistake – his desire to run will be very high. Second mistake was not making sure your dog was under your physical control. I've worked as a tech and groomer and Humane Law Officer and I've seen this multiple times. I wish I could comfort you by telling you that accidents happen and its not your fault. But on the contrary, it is your fault because you were to be in charge of his safety and well being and you fell short!

17. By Tony on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I am realy sorry to hear about your dog. : ( You really do get attached to them. I think that the best ting to do if you feel ok with it, is to get a new dog. My friend did this and it helped fill in some of the empty space in his heart.

18. By *...RJF...* on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

awww. i am so sorry to hear this… he was a beautiful dog… when my dog passed on i waited forever, well about 6 months, and got a new dog.. but i had to find the perfect one… i didnt settle for just any old thing… lol… i hope u feel better… i dont have any pics of my 2 dogs with me now… i just moved and they are still at my parents.. but i had a spitz/ golden mix, he was hit by a car, my dad let him out and he just kept running… and i had a long coat chihuahua and she had heartworms….

19. By §♫♪‹(•¿•)›☼»-(¯`v´¯)-»\\ on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I planted a butterfly bush on my cat's grave.
    Get another dog only after it occurs to you that you need another dog.
    You are right that one cannot replace another.
    But there was 4 years between two dogs I had.
    And this dog is more mine than the last one…
    which I shared with the family.

Email me and tell me where to get the brown rug, please.

Sorry about the death of your dog.
    I totally suggest a fenced yard for all dog owners.
    That and getting them "fixed".

20. By Bonzie12 on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

So sorry for your loss. I too lost my dog this year in January. She was 10 and had severe arthritis in both of her rear legs, as well as degenerative muscle and nerve disease. It was hard for her to get up and down, and it was time to release her from this misery. You can never prepare yourself for the loss of a pet – they are a very important part of your life. Please don't feel like it was your fault, accident happen every day and it was unfortunate that the accident happened to you and your dog. The pain will eventually lessen however you will never get over the loss of your beloved pet. Memories, pictures, videos, all help in bringing you some comfort and don't be afraid to cry over the loss. I was lucky in that I had a puppy that I had recently rescued to help me get through the grief and pain. When the time is right, you will begin thinking about getting another dog and companion. No dog can ever take the place of your deceased pet, however, you can begin making new memories with your new friend and buddy.

21. By Starsfan14 on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I am sorry. It is not your fault. Dogs, especially weimaraner love to chase bird and other little animals. It is just in their nature. I am sure you did everything in your power to protect him, because clearly he was greatly loved. Love the pictures. Very beautiful dog.

My dog, Bacall, died October 17, 2007. She was a beautiful beagle and she was 11 years old. She died of cancer after fighting the disease for 2 years. She was very special and amazingly loving. The she was favorite at the vet clinic.

Sorry for your loss. Take care

22. By Nichole T on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I am soo very sorry. I hate this part of life. Trust me I went through it too. I still cry to this day, and it happened 6yrs ago. My dog Jake was only 7yrs old and one day he wouldnt eat and we took him to the vet and three days later the test results came in. He was looking and playing and eating like he normally would by this time. Well the test showed that he had Lymphoma(cancer) I was heart broken. My mother decided to put him to sleep that same week. I had the chance to spend time with him but not for long enough. It's sucks because the same day we found out he had cancer our house burnt down and I didnt get to bring him to where I was staying, so I spent the night crying about the house being burnt down and my best friend was dying. The worst thing about it, was the day before he was put down I promised to take him for a walk, and I didn't. I beat myself over that ALL THE TIME, Even right now! And I went to the vet to have him put down and just to see the vet put that needle to his leg and he looked up at me and I felt it was my fault, I knew he didnt want to go, he looked up at me probably trying to figure out why I was crying and he even tried to get up to come to my side but he didnt have the strength and he layed his head down and he died. The last thing he saw was me, and I will never forget that look in his eyes.

I hope you the best in getting over your loss, its not going to be easy, and you may never get over it, Like myself(Im crying right now) And I know that you can never replace him, because I'm sure he was the greatest dog you've ever had and to try to get a dog that will live up to being like him will never happen. I will pray for you, and just think about the good times it will help some.
    References :
    My own dog died before my eyes.

23. By jac5906 on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

H Victoria….I am SO sorry …. and sorry to say they is no easy way to deal with the loss of so wonderful a friend…He was truly a beautiful one…what a lovely picture. It's heartbreaking, but by their very nature, so spontaneous and full of life, they often forget what a dangerous world it can be for them.

I lost my bestest friend two years ago. She was a boxer, I called her Beauty. She knew me to the core and was always there to cheer me up, keep me company or make me laugh. She had a really bad heart and after fighting bravely for 10months, she got so sick and weak that I finally gave in and put her to sleep…She died on my lap, at home…the vet came to my house. I still believe that she made herself last as long as she did to give me time to get ready for her to leave.

While the terrible pain has gone I still miss her and think about her almost every day. But they are now good memories and you will, eventually get to that point, although it doesn't seem like it right now.

I did adopt another boxer, Baxter, about eight months ago…I felt guilty at first, but I realized I can love Baxter without diminishing Beauty's memory.

So, you cry your share, it helps to heal, and that's what he would want you to do. Print out lots of pictures, to remind you of all the good times and try to concentrate on those. OK?

24. By Borders Rock on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I am so sorry for your loss…I have been through it and it is VERY painful.
    You will miss him forever…the pain will subside in time but you will never forget him…I have no picture to send you of my beagle that has passed but I will send you this poem…I CRY EVERY TIME I TYPE IT but it's worth it….
    I don't know the author so I cannot attribute it…

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there, I do not sleep
    I am a thousand winds that blow
    I am the diamond glint on the snow
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain
    I am the gentle autumn rain
    When you awaken in the morning hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circle flight
    I am the soft stars that shine at night
    Do not stand at my grave and cry
    I am not there, I did not die

Diasaster

25. By geedub on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

Its always tough when you lose something you love and whilst I havent lost a dog since I was very young I do have some very cliched advice. Really try and think about all the good times you had. I try and imagine myself 5 years from now how I will view the situation and chances are you will recall how beautiful your dog was and all the great times you had. I love the photos too! He really looks like he is flying!! Right now I know all you can think about is the accident but try and cry with a smile thinking about the good memories. I cant believe the irony in his name too. Good luck!!!

26. By katie c on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

i'm really sorry to hear about your loss. when i was 15 my dogm Lucy had gotten loose so i went out on my bike to find her. I found Lucy and she started to follow me on my bike. Instead of going straight home I decided to ride my bike down the street to the store. Lucy was behind me when I heard a car run off the road into the grass and hit her. I turned around and saw how bad it was. Lucy died. For monthes I was so upset with myself. I felt it was my fault because if I would have just gone home, she wouldn't have gotten hit. But it wasn't my fault. And its not your fault Diasaster was hit. They are in a better place now. Hey maybe Lucy and Diasaster are playing together!

27. By Alleycatz on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

So sorry for your loss. It was not your fault at all. Disaster was only doing what comes naturally and that was to chase birds. I don't have picture of my dog but I would love to tell you the story. Jock was his name and he was a red heeler- a friend of mine worked at a kennel and he was left there because his owner was too old and their kids did not want him. He was 13 years old and not his fault. So I took him in and he was so lovely he worked in well with my dogs. One night Jock woke up at 3am and was making strange sounds, he was in extreme pain and all I could do was lay with him until a vet was opened. I took him to the vet where he had x-rays and he had a belly full of cancer and the vet said he had to be put down. It was so sad but I think I gave him the best 12months of his life- he sat on the couch we went on holidays and he swam at the beach. You know you will never forget Disaster but he will always be in your heart and because of Disaster you will be a better person and a better dog owner for knowing him

28. By lilmzprincezz717 on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

I understand what you are going through because i have a dog and love him so much. If anything would happen to him i would cry my eyes out. Anyways, just because you have problems doesnt mean you can go and make fun of other peoples problems and tell them to do drugs or commit suicide!

29. By keepitsimple on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

i had a dog that was hit by a car my entire yard is fenced in too but i opened the front gate and my three dogs went pass me real fast out the confined area chasing a rabbit and one of them was hit by a car i blame myself for not being more careful i learned a lesson and so did you but we have to forgive ourselves it was an accident but we learned from it next dog you get remember sorry for your loss

30. By Danyelle B on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

We had a 14 year old shih tzu named cody.He died of seizures on october of last year.My mom had just picked him up from the vet the day before.Sorry to hear about your dog i know how hard it is to lose a dog.

31. By Amber on Jun 26, 2008 | Reply

I know how you feel i lost my 17 year old cat. my childhood friend last year. i came back from school (college) one day and found her. i was so upset. my Weim tried to make me feel better. i took her to my parents farm and buried her. i still miss her i always will. there are some times i think i can still hear her meowing. You can never get a lost friend (like a pet) back again. and it is sad. Know that you are not alone.
    In Memory of Rose Maire

32. By joan on Jun 12, 2014 | Reply

I just lost my Weimie, Eve last week. Her tummy twisted up and I had to put her down. She was an otherwise very healthy and active dog. I love that dog with every fiber of my being. It has been 8 days and the house is still. Sometimes I think I feel her presence, or I turn to call her to go for a walk or car ride, only to remember she is no longer in this world. My heart is shattered. I truly feel as though she was taken too early. I was lucky enough to be with her when she passed. I had lost my cat to a car accident once, and it took forever to get over it. Grieve all you need and don’t feel bad. When they go, they leave a gaping hole that can’t be filled in. The one good thing is that in time, you will come to adopt another animal (though NEVER the same) you will grow to love this pet for what gifts and love he or she has to offer and build another strong bond. How lucky we are to have them enter our lives. They teach us how to love unconditionally. </3